SHOULD YOU FILE FOR DUE PROCESS or FOR MEDIATION?
If you already tried to get the services your child needs in an IEP meeting, Mediation will not provide you with any more influence
to cause the school to compromise and it will likely hurt your chances of bringing a successful Due Process Hearing.
Legal help in this area of the law is often FREE, because attorneys can be paid for their services by the school system if you settle your case or win it. I you lose, the attorney will not be paid (depending on your agreement with that attorney) so they will only take strong cases.* (Your agreement with your attorney will describe how they will be paid).
DUE PROCESS HEARING PACKET includes
1. 2 hours of Consultation with an Experiences Special Education attorney
2. Overall Guide to Due Process
3. Complaint Form & Instructions
4. Guide to the Resolution Session
5. Guide to Settlement
6. Guide to the Prehearing Process
7. Guide to Motion Practice
8. Preparing for Hearing
9. Guide to Presenting Your Case
10. Guide to Your Closing Brief
11. Post-Hearing Options
MEDIATION PACKET includes
1. 1 hour of consultation with an experienced Special Education attorney
2. Overall Guide to Mediation
3. Mediation Request Form & Instructions
4. Post-Mediation Process